Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Why did I become a coach?

Good morning!

Why did I become a coach?

This question was asked recently, and I had to give it some thought.

I didn’t SEEK OUT “being” a coach.

I do enjoy teaching. I went to school for it.

But to be truly honest and authentic…I was in the process of BECOMING.

I AM IN the process of becoming.

And it’s THROUGH that process that I have acquired the tools by which to help others.

It’s like finding a massive treasure at a time in your life when you didn’t know where your next meal would come from.

And after being hungry for what felt like an eternity and only imagining what the smell of a full meal would taste like (been there), you now have the resources to host a feast…over and over again.

So what would you do with such a vast treasure?

It is much more than enough to meet your needs! Do you store it? Hide it so it’s not taken from you? The funny thing is… Once you’ve APPLIED it to meet your needs, the unseen gift of wisdom is left with you, to apply over and over again. It becomes an uncontainable spring, that if applied, will flow in your life and produce much fruit.

AND…if not used and not applied and stashed away without regard,...it becomes a HEAVY BURDEN to carry. To know what to do and NOT do it… it will distort you and pick away at you. We are designed for growth and application (and connection). Our biochemistry shows it! We thrive when we find ways to adapt and make the most of what has been given.

The information, trainings, coaching, and mentoring I have received over the years… they WORK! And every time I “pick it back up” and apply it, it continues to work. And everyday that I practice these things for myself….guess what? It WORKS!

I am “fed”, I am nourished… I have the know-how to meet many of my needs. I know HOW to “fish”, as it were.

And there are people around me who are still “starving”. Struggling to figure out what it is that I have the tools and knowledge for. So why would I not “share”? How could I not make available the wisdom that serves me…?

And through going after what I NEEDED in my life, I NOW get to be a mentor, a “teacher”, a guide, a consultant, and a coach.

Sharing from what works and putting that gift out into the world.

#thankyouGod #divinelysupported #coaching #growthmindset #oneanotherlove

No comments: