Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Greetings to you my friends...."Sawubona."


 Good morning!

Sawubona - "...It literally means “I see you, you are important to me and I value you”. It's a way to make the other person visible and to accept them as they are with their virtues, nuances, and flaws."
Approach others this way and you will be gifted as well. Approach yourself this way and you will have the ease of "knowing" that allows you to share it naturally.
"...give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Self-practice is where we "teach" ourselves . And from that space, we can share it (gift it) with others and nurture ourselves with it as well.
Yes, as a mother, I have helped my boys to learn self-care practices, but not so that I could go in every day to brush their teeth for them , but so that they can choose to apply this healthy daily practice for themselves.
Traditional sharing of information and good practices started with the student learning for themselves and then growing to the point of being able to "pass" it on to others.
We CAN build one another up in a beneficial way. Starting with valuing them and valuing us being present in that connection and process.
So greetings to you my friends....or "Sawubona." ❤

No comments: