Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Bias! Have you questioned biases that you are holding?

 Good morning!


Bias!

I have had a lot of people try and convince that something or someone is wrong by only showing me all the faults.

I guess from way back when, when people would share about my horoscope and point out the "scale" of balance as an aspect of character I should strive for while they pointed out everything they found wrong with me LOL.

You see, the funny part is, as I heard these things, I KNEW that I knew all the stuff that was good about me that they chose not to see.

It's interesting that in this moment, I am filled with such gratitude to those who persisted in this way...even now! They continue to help reinforce that "balance" of observation and reminded me to look for that glimmer of good in others...and nurture that.

You can try and convince me that someone is an awful person, but unless you can ALSO point out the good they ARE doing, then you are operating in bias. (LOL, and yes, that is a decided bias on my part 😉)

I've been unravelling my OWN biases lately and questioning how they serve. Have you questioned biases that you are holding?

#ThankyouGod #gratitude #Divinegifts #INjoy #weAREmore #BEYONDbias #seemoeclear #2020visionary



No comments: