Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 27, 2019

The residue of dissention. Choose one another love instead

 Dissention.

This thought is important. I have been a part of large groups for over 20 years. And I have been the target of dissentive activities as well as hearing directly from dissenters and having to make a choice in not just my own alignment....
....speaking from my experience as the outcast and outlier...false statements presented as facts...are still maligned. It was a simple situation that, because someone was set against me in a false understanding (which, to this day, they never sought to clarify) decided to bring ill intent and rally many others with false statements and worked up attitudes towards me....
I tried to address the others individually and it was too late...many already had an idea about me which was ungrounded....and so I chose to walk away.
YEARS later, the one who had rallied others in false statements and attitudes toward me now rallies others in social gatherings and get togethers.
Many who decided to get on the hate train, have tried to come with kindness and awkward interest...
The marks of getting pulled into dissention remain LONG after whatever people are being rallied against. The truth always comes out and that feeling of having been caught up in someone else's agenda as well as knowing that you could have chosen for peace, unity, and greater beneficial thoughts and actions....it hurts.
I am grateful for the strength of choosing to align with what is supportive, what is focused more on building up, and what is beneficial, sustainable, loving, and unifying. If THESE things are not a part of an argument, then consider what is truly at the heart of the matter.

No comments: