Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, November 16, 2012

Down with the Twinkie!

Some of my favourite memories (ahhh I ❤ NY) were connected with this wonderful treat. I remember our family trip to New York in the spring of '81, running off of walls and doing flips at my cousins house as we shared our love for break dancing and GI Joe, my dad buying the latest Grace Jones album, and my family stocking up on twinkies to bring back home. They lasted for YEARS! LOL and we still ate 'em! The thought alone makes me want to detox HA!
But now the 80+ year old treat had its creamy filling squished out for the last time. Down with the twinkie and all the other Hostess goodies that were being made. At least you know if you save a stash it will keep for years and years and and years....
I guess that is also another way to shut down the production of GMO and unsupportive foods on the market....hmmmm. (ghost of prop 37?) #health on the rise


No comments: