Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

A 10 year glimpse at the relationships we have with ourselves

 Good mawning!



This pic is almost a 10 year glimpse.
And I was pondering during the start to a new day, I was reflecting on an observation that happens to some in this process of living.
The relationship with themselves becomes more tangible.
It no longer sits as a concept that you brush off and get back into the "doings" of life. It's a continuing conversation with your life partner as you show up in various situations, always together.
The thoughts and things to say organize themselves better and the "conversation" flows more. As one finishes one point, the "other" picks up from their perspective.
This was not necessarily an observation of "myself" in particular. LOL, I keep a "boardroom" to discusses the "haps" of the day to day occurrences.
This is an observation I have been gifted to witness from older and elderly friends, as well as friends I have had that were terminally ill.
And in those you can be graced to be in the company of who minds are sharp and multi-faceted and you'll have to be quick in your witnessing of the relay of processing that goes on and the personal "pats" on the back as they navigate a task or their journey.
All this to say, "Are YOU your own best friend?"
Do you keep GOOD company with yourself? Are you an advocate in your own corner?
DO you celebrate all that you have come through to be the YOU that you are today?
This reminds me of a process in mindset called "Minding the Gap".
Not how "far" you have to go (watch out for carrots on a string and other targets that keep moving), but how far you have come to be where you are today.
In 10 years, I have come a far ways and travelled a path I didn't anticipate, but it was worth it. And it continues to be. Because the relationships I have gained along the way have been irreplaceable, especially the one with myself.

No comments: