Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, April 1, 2022

Adding to my morning ritual. Switching from "routine" to reverence

 Good mawning!


Adding to my morning ritual.

Establishing new habits can be hard, especially if we fail to see the "return" of its practice and our heart isn't into it.

The first thing I did was switch from calling it "routine" to ritual. A friend I connected with this weekend INSPIRED me to make the switch because I felt the weight of reverence she spoke the words with. I am choosing to frontload my entry into this "headspace " with perceived respect, appreciation, value, importance, AND an expectation of return on my "investment" of thought, time, focus and attention, energy, and mindfulness. I EXPECT to get in return an upgrade in my own support, respect, and personal satisfaction from what I put in (standing tall with my hands on my hips).

I layered back in working out and now preparing the kitchen for hydration and food prep. Supporting my environment supports me.

I still have my morning reading, chores, and prayer with journalling. And I am considering adding ice water face plunges as well as a quick morning walk now that the sun is up earlier. LOLall this so I can have a great sleep at the end of the day ...OH! And a better day too. 😉

What do your mornings look like?

#ThankyouGod #gratitude #morningroutine #morningritual #LoveFirst #selfcare #selfrespect #environmentmatters #lifetothefull #Sawubona #mentalhealth #mindsetmatters #simpleandconsistent #trusttheprocess #committotheday

No comments: