Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Back to Life. Navigating seasonal shifts in our journey

 Good mawning.

Back to life.
Last night I noticed my little in-house maple was budding.
OMG! I'm SO EXCITED!😀😀
Because honestly, as it was losing leaves when Autumn arrived, I thought I may have "contributed" to the demise of yet another house plant.
But there is a big difference with this one. It's not really a houseplant. I guess most "houseplants" aren't really houseplants. My intention was to try my hand at nurturing the sapling in a different environment.
And so I expected the possibility of it going through seasonal shifts.
Little did I know that I too was embarking on my own "seasonal" shifting.
Loss of dear friends and family. Loss in relationships and clients ... loss of hopeful employment. Week after week and month after month.
A huge pile of continual "shift" to sort through.
And yet, while all the leaves fell, I still gave this tree a bit of water to drink. I wasn't going to uproot the whole thing because I was impatient for this "season" to pass.
And for me, I wasn't going to uproot the whole thing for myself and my life either. I kept myself "watered". Kept journalling even though at times I would only be able to do 1 or 2 of the 4 (or 5) pillar practice I use. Kept pushing myself into the possibility of hope, and new growth, and a new life on the other side of it all. Kept in touch with those that were willing to be a support in the grief and "shift".
And as this little maple tree is coming out of its hibernation, it looks like my "new growth" and changes are coming forward as well.
I'm thankful for the "seasons". I'm grateful for the fact that they are temporary. And I am sure glad that I didn't give up on the tree OR myself during the darkest moments.
There is a process to growth and to life. And we ARE actively participating in it. It makes things a little smoother though when we are intentional with our participation.
Are you going through seasonal shifts right now? What season do you feel you are in? And do you need a little "watering" or support right now?
If so, feel free to reach out to someone who you trust. I am also willing to chat if you need.
Now off to give my little friend a drink for today.

No comments: