Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Who do you CHOOSE to be?

 Good mawning!

Who do you CHOOSE to be?
My ALL-TIME favourite movies series... 😍
I'm so glad that my kids wanted to watch it on repeat LOL. And then it was me letting it repeat itself as they became distracted.
AND....I may or may not find myself curled up watching it this weekend.
So why is this so significant to me this morning? Because I just hit a new "starting point" milestone in my fitness journey for 2021. And I "rewarded" myself with going through my closet and trying on all the clothes I have wanted to since last year's health crisis.
My body is finally showing signs of healing and homeostasis, and I am loving how I feel in my skin (minus a bug bite I got that went a little messy 🙁 )
And the FIRST outfit I reached for was... an outfit I tried on almost a month ago that HIT me with a rush of inspiration. It came with a theme song and everything. I even set my FN avatar into this new outfit and it kept evolving too. And today, it all parts of that outfit fit effortlessly.
My milestones are always "next steps".
I absolutely give myself the mini celebration and have fun with it, and, it's not the end. It's the beginning of my next level of potential and that REALLY excites me!! 😁😁😁
And the reason why this is SO important for me to not just share with others, but also to live out is because....
...
...
I didn't come from a space of being celebrated in my own skin. I was a chubby/stocky child (I'll post the pics one day... I was so dang cute 😃 ) and there were a lot of people that held that "image" of me, even when I was in high school. Even though in high school I was a size that I haven't been at since after my first child was born.
I did experience personal and community celebration years ago from my fellow FYM ladies and coach. That was great!
And that's why I personally recognize now, that there is such a huge value, not only in who you surround yourself with, but how you personally choose to be in and for yourself at the same time.
WE "get" to choose! Who we want to be, who we will be, AND the story in and around that as well ❤
So....... WHO are YOU choosing to be?
❤
Okay! I'm convinced! It's raining and dark outside and that has shifted my plans for now....maybe a movie? 😉

No comments: