Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

How do you show up in change?

 Good morning!!

This has been QUITE an interesting set of weeks RIGHT in the middle of the first month of the year LOL!!
How you guys doing?!? 😃 😃
For me, it has been a little bit of a challenge to be honest in showing up in the way I intended to fr 2020. Not that I haven't taken daily increments of forward steps each day...it's moreso how things have shifted in areas which I felt were already taken care of. That I held an expectation around always showing up in the way it has....and now something has changed quite dramatically and how am I actually handling that...the CHANGE! The shift. Are you good with change? What is your usual experience when things start to change in your life? For better or not so great? What does that look like for you?
Do you find yourself starting to get reactive? Fearful? Does your language toward yourself start getting judgmental? Do you start comparing your results to those around you? Are you staying present in your own experience and betterment or are you now distracted with other peoples' "shortcomings" now that you feel you are failing? (The latter is a cultural/society thing for a later discussion...)
I'm asking because I realized I have two ways in which I respond...one, is that I figure I might as add in more change if I am already going to be going through/growing through this bit of grief/challenge....and the second one is, I start digging for solutions. I go back to basics and check in with what I have done before and start implementing those...only if they worked for me in the past...and then I check to see if there is anywhere I can "trim out" the extras that aren't serving me....I like the path to be smooth AND I don't mind an adventure either, but if the smooth or the adventure is not serving me, then it's time to assess, adapt and, adjust.
SO...adapt....and stay the course. Stuff happens...move through it...keep going. Sometimes it needs your attention....sometimes it's there to make you stronger, and sometimes....we just don't know...keep going.
Off to keep on keepin for this day ahead. ❤ Have a good one 😉

No comments: