Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, January 3, 2020

Being "bothered" is in the mind

 Good morning!

LOL I am remembering a conversation with a beautiful young girl and thinking about having her know my name.
Currently, she is a big fan of Elsa from Frozen. And I remember when my boys first saw it and kept referring to me as "Elsa" because the "cold never bothered me anyway" LOL. Crazy kids 😅😅😉😉❄️❄️
But it's not because it doesn't "bother" me in some way....but being "bothered" is in the mind. Simply...I adapt! I KNOW that winter is approaching and I take my cues from nature. And I have often thought....if the bunnies can do it....and the birds can do it....and even cats and dogs can roll around in the snow for a bit...why can't I.
What have I "decided" that I can't do? I am constantly reminded by others around me that it is possible to wear shorts out in the winter and not be phased. 😃
This past week we went out with a large group of people to enjoy running and hiking together and the place we went was PACKED! Scrambling for a spot to set up around fire pits and then out and about in the snow. It was as though it was peak season in the summer😅😅 at the local park.
So what is the difference? Decision. We can either chose to adapt, flex, and enjoy OR we can chose to stay "decided", stuck, and what ever comes with not feeling you have a choice in the moment (or environment) you are in. Because you do! You CAN chose! And we, as humans, can easily adapt 🙂 .
I turn the heat down at night in our home...and before we would be sweating at 17 degrees in our home in the winter....comfortable around 15 degrees. (Why not?!?! We are in the summer... 😉 ) I haven't turned it back up yet and I feel fine. I went out yesterday in a tank top and sweater, which I didn't imagine I would be....and I was fine.
In 2020, let's "test" out the ways in which we can stretch and adapt, and learn more than we have before...and possibly experience more than we imagined....because there are others living in ways we haven't fully fathomed for ourselves...and enjoying it 😉

No comments: