Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Making it awkward and calling out discrimination

 Hahahaha, a situation just came to mind from YEARS ago during an interview. I was at my final interview with this major company....they loved me...we had a great interview and the question period was over. They were going over coming in to sign the paper work, and while they were talking to me, they got comfortable LOL...and started in with some coarse joking between one another and decided to include me in it...

😂😂😂😂😕😕😕....It was racist, demeaning, and highly uncomfortable (one of them was a person of colour...). And in my head, I was done. They FAILED the interview. So I opened my mouth and the response that came out shut the whole deal down.....I said.... "Yeah, that's not funny." (with a smile of course 😉 )....never heard from them again, but I am glad I spoke up in that moment.

No comments: