Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, November 18, 2019

I have a DEEP passion for this thing called "humanity"

 Good morning!

I "know" better than to read emails first thing in the morning LOL... 😛
...and I wanted to share something as I reflect on my weekend (went great, thank you 😉 ) and going into the preparations for the week ahead.
I have a DEEP passion for this thing called "humanity". It IS one of my core questions and validators for experiences and choices in my life. THIS is what I came to realize in my deep dive studies and "personal growth" this weekend. Not that I didn't know that, but the key word is passion.
Often passion is defined as a "pain" or suffering we experience. A "strong and barely controllable emotion." Many reflect on the passion and compassion of Christ as a reference to how deep and how strong passion can be.
And for me, it wasn't always this way. I didn't like people. It doesn't mean I didn't love people, but for the most part, I didn't like people. I LOVED and respected animals way more. Less complicated, more friendly, weren't hurling insults at me, didn't tease me or isolate themselves from me....So in reality, it was more that I didn't like how I was treated by SOME people in my life. I was not an advocate for humans at all. Spoke of them as though I was an alien. Reduced their value with the language of science, form, and matter. It got to the point where their souls were barely on my mind at all...I really only cared for those who cared for me and the rest, well....yeah....
I often used to write off my experience here in "this life" (in Canada), and fully embraced our family visits with cousins and my grandparents (on my mom's side) as where I was truly living. It was as though the "rest" of my life was like a reoccurring bad dream that I couldn't stop going back to.
SO when I say that I have a deep love and passion for humanity, I sit at awe with myself. ❤ I marvel at the person I have become LOL and I truly appreciate that the challenges I went through as a younger person help to amplify my wonder and gratitude now.
And with that "passion", I now experience a "pain" when I see that there are some people so blind to "its" presence...and by "it", I mean humanity. 😢😢😢 I know, I know....reflections...are they in actuality "blind" to their own existence? Possibly. Are they not recognizing their worth and value in this world? Again, it's possible. Was I, those years ago? Maybe...But just like the short, and beautiful moment of a sunrise on the day, we have but a limited time to "allow" ourselves the opportunity to see, AND enjoy the gift that humanity is.
So this week, I get the "gift" of fully enjoying humanity, at all levels, even those levels at which others may try to avoid or run from. Because my desire now for #oneanotherlove runs deeper than I ever imagined it would, I am truly grateful.

No comments: