Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Hope deferred...How do you handle setbacks?

 Good morning! I have been hearing a phrase over and over in my mind this morning....."...hope deferred..." I set myself into imagining the warm embrace of my son and the happy glow of a dear friend.

When I realized that my 12 hour trip would be extended to almost a full day, I got upset. I saw all my plans and prep for my day blow away as dust in a storm... with no one to talk to, I sat in my despair just thinking about what now is lost...LOL SLEEP! I realized that my hope had been sprinkled with a strong desire, and now, I can only make the best efforts towards getting home sooner and not spend my day becoming familiar to the airport staff...although they are warming up to me 😉
I was attached to the idea of getting rest in my own home and embracing loved ones. And it's that attachment that turned my hopeful intention into an unfulfilled desire.
So as I continue to sit and wait....I am reminded of a bigger picture that intends for a greater good to be served...and I get to be a part of receiving it.

No comments: