Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Hate mongering. ..the party of shadows

Good morning! Lately it's been a wonderful exposure of things tucked in shadowy spaces. So my "Spidey senses " have been triggered for conversations, and points made against others' anger, hatred, and rage spoken from a place of anger, disgust, hatred, and rage. I'm not toting that I am above reacting at some level...I'm sure I have a shadow hiding a defensive trigger somewhere. I'm sure it will be called out when its "buddy" strolls by on its way to a gathering of some sort. And I am grateful. ...that I have been put into MANY MANY situations where. ...somehow, people have felt very free to express themselves (including their hatreds) to me...and somehow I am the "exception ". I know I have many friends who go through the same...and our first response is sadness. That sadness holds within it a knowing...that there is a greater truth to known and embraced, just not fully seen. We know because we live and experience the other side of what is assumed. There are many spaces and places in ALL our lives like this. This is not a call for advocacy in anything ...maybe....just one. Consider Love first...as a standard...as an umbrella or blanket....as a foundation...as life-giving and honouring...just pause and allow....the shadowy bits to come out into the light running and gathering as you stand firm and observe ...them relate and remind us that we are possibly put together of more than just the bits in the shadows.

No comments: