Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Amen for imperfected living and discovery in life

 Good morning! I was having a discussion about preparedness with someone yesterday when a curious soul came and asked what (and why) we were talking about. I repeated what I said to this older individual and they started waving their hands and saying "No! That's scary stuff " repeatedly. Ummm, I then shared the cliché phrase, 'prepare for the worst and expect the best' (something like that). ..that once you have prepared, you can go on with life and expectation as normal (I was still in the discussion with my friend...). Well, I sent this person into anxiety and panic, with my friend quite surprised at their response.

So two things from this....to a lot of people, I seem like the nails on the chalkboard or the feeling of rubbing velvet against the nap. YUP! That's me! Rubbing against the nap (of conventional response /reaction). What can you really say when that happens. ..I haven't perfected parables yet.

Saying the "wrong" thing at the wrong time (when is there ever a good time to share "the wrong" thing? I never said or claimed perfected humanism. ..if I waited to have the perfect words, I would never speak or share a dang word...amen for imperfected living and discovering in my life...loving progress in the process) Sometimes it bothers me to be "that" person...I even try to "fit in" with nods and smiles and giggles and laughter (ugh) ...but it has never worked. I am that I am. ..#thankyouGod

Second, my applause to the residents of Fort Mac. You guys are amazing! And now a global example of dropping off your panic like a hot potato and getting yourselves in gear. You did not shut down...that "strength" was a great inspiration and I thank you for bringing it to the surface for us all. Now to go forward into the unknown moments of today (a.k.a. that is all of them) with perfect imperfections and courage and hope for a beautiful, unfolded adventure of discovery.

No comments: