Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Candy conversations - Making holiday choices work

 (One of) the conversations this morning...

Red: Mom, have we ever gone trick or treating?
Me: Yes...
Red: In our neighbourhood?
Me: No. (although, now that I think of it, yes we have, to a couple houses and then back)
Red: Why?
Older son (in the background, skipping through the house...): We can't eat the candy ♪♫♪....we can't eat the caaaaaannndy ♪♫♪
Me: Well, how does it sound to go to the door and ask, no beg, for some diarrhea? "Oh please, please may I have some diarrhea???" It's just better to not go around begging for what you DON'T want.
Red: Ok, (with older son still skipping, laughing, and singing in the background..."we can't eat the caaaaaannndy ♪♫♪" ) ...well, I would rather get a TOY anyhow (wink)
Me: LOL I see...
Older son: (pops head up from the basement) ♪♫♪ We can't eat the caaaaaannndy ♪♫♪

No comments: