Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring! Perseverence has sprung

Spring...I will admit there is always something in each season I can look to and enjoy...be inspired by...but for me, it's not my favourite.  And the one thing for me that inspires is the persistence of growth from every plant I am surrounded with...houseplants that have barely sprouted new leaf now grow runners and vines looking for something to cling to and go further and higher.  And one special little plant that almost saw it's demise while I was away from work...I came back to find it's leaves almost fully crispy from not being watered.  It's a year old too!  This tiny thing has survived this whole time...just bloomed once when it was brought into the office last spring.  And as I was heading home yesterday, i passed the window and was compelled to take it home.  So I went in and grabbed it and brought it on the train with me.  I picked off the dead leaves and noticed it had a bud on it...ready to bloom in IT'S season!! And it also inspired connection and conversation between generations while I travelled...all about this unknown type of plant that is getting ready to bloom again.

No comments: