Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, June 14, 2009

WOOHOO! Love what you find when renovating!



Time has come to update the main floor and my task was to remove the faux wood panelling from the front door and prepare the wall for a coat of paint. I removed the corner moulding and then began to pry the panelling away from the wall and I discover some FUNKY red wallpaper with seashells and stuff strung together. I HAD to remove all the panelling and fully expose this gem of a find for my husband to see when he got home. As we finished pulling the nails out of the wall (my sister-in-law and I), my husband walks through the door and says "UGH! Put the panelling back on!" HAHAHA What a priceless moment. I just love this surprise that was left for us (some other surprises, I have not enjoyed so much) and if anyone wants to buy a salvaged piece of the paper let me know ;D. I'll keep you updated on the other exciting moments we experience during this renovation.


No comments: