Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The BUSINESS of being me

At this moment I am in the process of learning more in all the areas that I have become involved in. Real estate investment, weight loss, spirituality, wealth building, being on the internet, and making the most of what I am learning so I can share it with others. There are many things in my life that overlap in the time schedule of attending to my self-care and self-improvement and that includes taking care of the needs of the children in my care and of course, meeting the needs of my family as a whole. I have goals and dreams and currently I am aiming at having them stay within the time line I have set out. I spent a lot of time in the past "delaying" my needs, and dreams to "meet" the needs of others. In the end, no one was served from what I thought was giving of myself, and the product was not as fruitful as intended. Much was learned from the experience, and the feedback that I gained was that people are better served by those that make sure to serve their needs in conjunction with meeting the needs of others. Boundaries is the common expression used, but the word doesn't click well in my mind, even though I understand it's meaning. I have found that I need to choose to being loving and respectful to myself in order for it to grow and spread to others.

This morning the competition is that I am the only adult that wakes before the sun rises and I aim to use that time to get stuff done to take care of my needs (hygiene, feeding myself, praying, and taking care of a few chores as well). My boys have finally adjusted back to their "on the edge of dawn" awakening and with renovations on the go, stuff still packed and not quite accessible, and things coming up and breaking down all over the place, I am letting my personal business suffer. I am eager in delegation and lacking in cooperation. My profits are minimal, because I have not invested the time to maintain the productivity of my business. In short, if I (meaning me as the business) want to see it to the next quarter without having to close my doors and shut down, I need to put the focus back into making my business succeed. The recession should not affect how I brush my teeth in the morning and providing myself with a healthy breakfast or even proper food to eat throughout the day. I am able to stay active physically, but in other areas the investment has not been that strong and I need to reevaluate and diversify in order to sustain a complete, thriving system. It is my choice to have a successful business and have the respect of others around me to have it succeed as well. I am always on my "to do" list as I am the one performing the tasks, so neglecting my needs is not beneficial or helpful to anyone else. I need to remember to love and respect myself daily as I do for my family (or so that I think I am doing) so that I can love them more in the way that works for us all.

Off to take care of business.


No comments: