Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Bringing light into my day.

 


Good mawning!

I'm all about bringing light into my day.
As I wake up and thank God I am alive (long story for another post 😉 ), I get up and go to the mirror.
And I stand there. I probably have the goofiest smile on my face as I look at myself. I look at my own smile actually. It's one of the few moments in the day I will see it.
Energized water is next. Big jar, lemon...
I then go and turn on my salt lamp or amber lamp and journal. Working through my thoughts first thing and reframing my language if needed.
I get up, open curtains and then exercise/move and stretch.
As I look at it, all throughout my day, I'm looking for ways to bring "Light" into what I do or am doing.
Energy and light. It's a part of what I do now. If it doesn't feel light, then there's a way to add "lightness" to it.
It wasn't always this way. I would keep digging my heels in to "why" something happened or wasn't going well. It would bug me and pick at me all day and I would let it. I would give it my energy until I felt absolutely drained and sapped...with feelings of defeat and hopelessness.
It wasn't until one of our boys showed up that way that I decided to make it "my work" to NOT feed into that energy-zapping behaviour.
There just HAD to be another way to approach it and gain my energy and focus back.
And so now, after years of consistency (because those thoughts and moments still creep in), it's habit to see it, and do the process to reframe it into the light. And not just for me, but also for the boys. And not just for them, but also for those I have worked with.
Let's try and shine the light in whatever way we can...

No comments: