Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers day 2020

 As this day wraps up and I lay cuddled next to my boys who fell asleep after prayer time, I'm reminded of the moments I "held" my other children in grief as they passed on....I'm reminded of moments where my "childless" self supported friends and peers and heard them say "Thank you mama"...I'm reminded about that being my nickname in High school ...I'm reminded of conversations with my own mother after she took time witnessing me as a parent to our boys...

For me, I came from having decided as a 5 year old child the nurturing energy I would share with others. I learned to hold others in celebration , unconditional love, and presence and still enjoy the gift today.
But what I learned from my mom is to fight to be the woman I want to be when no one else is looking. When you have to choose to still be here standing with your head high when others try to hold you down....that for some women, the journey is not easy, especially if what others see is no comparison to all the wonder, strength, intelligence, and power that lies within. And, that you get the "gift" (or burden) of that knowing and you have to choose in each moment whether or not to show up in it.
I learned from my mom that I am more than one. And through all my children, I get the gift of sharing in more of who I am. 💖
Happy Mother's day to you all in knowing that a mother somewhere has helped to shape you into the being you are today. 💖

No comments: