Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

It is TIME to create NEW

 Good morning! As I sit here this morning realizing something is officially "gone" and unable to be recalled, I realize that yesterday was both the END of an Era and the beginning of what is to come.

This is NOT a New Year Resolution post. This is the summation of many months of contemplation and build up and missing a "mark" in a detail that was overlooked, but also that overlooking was pinnacle in realizing that.....it is TIME to create NEW.
Again, not a "I've got goals and I am going to HIT them" kinda post. This is a revelation about the fact that I am still living and breathing and moving forward one step at a time in "some" direction, but it will no longer be a "reflection" of past achievements or successes that I have once claimed to. In this very moment...TODAY...I have to decide what the next moment and experiences will be like and what they will mean for what I want into the future and into the "direction" I am choosing to go.
I could just sit here, but....it's funny...if you have no "former" stuff to be sitting in, sitting becomes irrelevant. It is worse than flavourless...it just doesn't make sense. It is better to stand looking up into the sky than just sit with no reference point.
SO yesterday...I danced...and my chest was pounding and after hours, my feet and joints were sore....I felt like a calf just dropped out of being birthed and having to find my legs. AND I sang...hours of exploring octaves and knowing I will be challenging that "goat worthy" upper octave until I can sit on top of that note again....not as regaining past accomplishments, but because I didn't see the point of limiting myself to what felt comfortable then, and there was and is no room to settle for not exploring it now.
And I used the GOOD dishes. It was such a beautiful bowl and I enjoyed 2 days of beautiful salad from it. Today it is gone....and that okay ❤ I miss the bowl and I miss the salad, but I can move on....
And I am ready to not give breath to excuses or simple comforts, but excited to see how I will "play" today and in the days estimated to arrive in a New Year and other years ahead. No guarantee that they are coming for me to experience, but in this moment....I will be with the intent to grow, to discover, to experience NEWness, and explore. As long as it is called Today, I choose to BE present in it.

No comments: