Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Showing up for the simplest encouragement

 As I was trying to make it to a space of fresh air through a "cloud" of fragrance I saw a man who was ahead of me who looked like he was crying....his eyes were watering up and red and I asked if he was okay. He sniffled and then winced and said "I'm okay, it's just my allergies." I asked what he was allergic to and he said "It feels like everything..." and he suggested to the general space and air and in that moment I knew I was there for the simplest encouragement, and I coughed and said "Me too" and then we went on to share a lovely conversation. I am surprisingly grateful that continually I get to be that extension of compassion and "safe" zone for so many others in the world.

No comments: