Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, September 4, 2020

Ready to honour the "Divine" within me and you.

 


Good morning!

Confidence....it's attractive, intimidating, questionable, mysterious...it draws people in with intrigue and motivates others to keep their distance. Why? So much hype around walking with your head up and your eyes forward.
When did it become an issue when someone is okay with being in their own skin and getting done in their life what they want/need to get done?
I have talked with many people...Many who have expressed being judged for expressing themselves and then have fallen into insecure tendencies. How often are people's insecurities grounded in having been made to feel small?
There is a word that I learned from author Kevin Hall, and that word is Genshai. The meaning is not to make anyone feel small (including yourself).
There is another word that the boys and I learned this year, tzedakah, that describes honouring one another with the dignity and respect that their Divine image deserves.
I don't feel that I walk around with confidence. I walk around with the frame of mind that is READY to honour those around me in their choices and journey they are living. I remind myself daily to also honour the "Divine" within me and to not speak to myself in a way to make myself feel small. Most days that works. There are times I catch myself in judgment, mainly to myself...and then I check myself. It happens..I am human as well 😉
If we allow ourselves the space to SEE OURSELVES as honourable, and dignified...and know that we are not alone in being seen that way, then we can lift our heads higher and see more of what lies in store for us.
Let's try and walk and speak without making anyone else feel "small" today. When we help others to keep their heads up, we raise our sights as well ❤

No comments: