Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

I AM HOME within me. Create for ourselves that "rainbow" and safe space within

 Good morning!



This morning a beautiful image and concept settled in on me...chasing rainbows.
This time of year for me is one of my favourites. I didn't love going back to school, I wasn't particularly focused if summer holidays (from having to go to school) ended....for me what I enjoyed the most was the coming of the cold and dark.
YUP! I love the rolling fogs and the bitter cold that gnawed at my back and the increase of darkness in the day. For me it was reflective and calm. And also, to tell the truth, it held an "air" of melancholy for me I felt familiar with. Like the daughter of the family that moved into the house in the movie "Beetlejuice".
I honestly don't go a week without being amazed at who I am now with such lightness and celebration. But for me, and many people I know, that dark "hallway" is a necessary passage to getting through to the other side of recognizing who you "really" are and want to be.
AND... I remember searching either in our house or in the playground for that sunny spot to lay down in, spread out with my eyes closed and facing up to the sunny with the heat and rays beaming through my lids and filling me with its radiance as I watched the pulse of my own blood flow in the orange screen I was being present with.
I love both. And, like chasing rainbows, I ran to find where it was in order to "catch" and bring it with me. I chased a sunny day or a sunny spot eager to bask in the rays....I waited ALL YEAR LONG for the coming of ONE season in order to feel the comfort of my "reclusiveness" once again.
And both made me sad and filled me with sorrow when they didn't stay. When the clouds and the wind would "take away" the sun and when the melting in Spring gave me such recoil and a feeling of disgust. They were "taking" away from me what I enjoy and love the most.
And now...? What is so different now? It was the chasing that feels as though it was causing me grief. Why couldn't it just stay? Well, because I wasn't realizing that it was how I CHOSE to feel in those moments that brought me joy and filled me up inside. When my very existence was at risk, that's when I realized that it is from WITHIN that I can radiate...it is from within I experience calm. I could carry it with me ANYWHERE! And in actuality, I AM carrying it with me everywhere I go.
I keep "trying" to manage my space to reflect this "inner" hallway and grassy field, and yet, no matter where I am, I can have these things that call me "home" on demand. I AM HOME within me ❤ "I" can carry that feeling with me and create that space around me no matter where I go.
So let's not look outward and blame our circumstances, or the people we encounter for "limiting" us from a fuller experience. We CAN definitely influence a different outcome if we at first create for ourselves that "rainbow" and safe space within ❤

No comments: