Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I just wanted to say..." you missed the good parts LOL 😉

 Good morning! This is a pic from our 3rd mountain hike/run trip in less than a year. Our first one was much further but flatter... this trip after running some crazy trails and learning skills from great runners...this was the first I had so many people telling us HOW to hike. One guy who was getting frustrated with me not "heeding" to his advice didn't see me help a lady, paralyzed in fear, find her way down out of a difficult spot an hour before. He didn't see me show my sons the way in which to come down (I gave them choices) that he was pointing at as better examples than me standing....and he didn't see me doing the same moments before. I was getting annoyed by his insistence....not because he didn't know, but because I decided to try coming down in a different way and he was in the way LOL.

We don't get to see the whole picture. I was getting my boys down to the tree line where they felt safe to run down. I did it last trip and it was awesome. They wanted to do it this trip and they did.

I appreciate the encouragement, love and compassion from strangers, because they don't know...the lady I helped was with us on the way up...we had made a connection and she knew I had helped a few times before already...

From all of that, I appreciated who I got to be out there...and I may do it again soon...including standoffs with strangers. 💖

No comments: