Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, September 7, 2017

The gift of support.

 Good morning!

The gift of support....Is support a safety net? Is it a way of getting through each day? Is it something you couldn't imagine being without? Is it something you feel is lacking? Is it something you find you are able to give? Are you willing to receive it?

It all depends doesn't it? Some have been conditioned to think that it is better to do things on their own so when you go to offer help or support, it's an outright insult. You are compromising their independence. And for others, it's a blessing...maybe because they are tired of going it alone.
In my own head, all of the above questions apply...the internal dialogue is always between doing it all on my own to "prove" I am independent and capable, and another voice that allows the willing supporter to come in and contribute.
And then there is yet another...almost like a pulse that runs through my life that is constant in support....no matter the choice I make, it is there. I can feel it as I breathe...as I look around a room, and even as I touch and feel in the spaces around me. It's in THIS space that I know that even in the most challenging of moments or events or pain that I am experiencing, that I am reminded that I will be fine, and that there is a bigger picture.
This week started off with a LOT of pain. I committed to being in recovery mode from that point on...a lot more rest and sleep...and definitely more grace and compassion for myself. I also chose to show up in moments where I knew...that even not at my best I would be able to strengthen and deepen connections. I call it my bigger picture moments. And in those moments, that when I tap into my undercurrent of support. It's also a great reminder for me that I have been in even more difficult situations and was able to encourage and then be supported, so I know I can do it again. I take that and sprinkle in other areas of my life...and I hope to recognize the areas where I may have missed sprinkling that support...in the lives of those around me and in my own life as well.
I hope you can feel supported today in some way...today I can say I know that I am ❤

No comments: