Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Question YOUR superiority complexes



Stop being surprised….

When people of “minority” perform “great” things among you.

There are technologies that you are currently using that you don’t realize are created through the “intelligence” of “minorities".

(Now, I use the example of minorities, because at this very moment the ends of those cords from that rope that was twisted for ages …they are unraveling before our very eyes.  It was never meant to translate as infinite truth…it is based on a lie that does not serve to build up and unify but instead divide, separate, and knock others down...distract! SO therefore, its design was never sustainable from its conception.)

Stop dismissing ideas and contributions from those around you because you have already decided, somewhere in your very being, that you are at a level of advancement or awareness or even “experience” above what someone else is “at”.

Stop now….and ask yourself…in what ways and in what areas am I viewing those around me with “less than” glasses? PERIOD!

(And before I go any further, we have all been threaded with these cords to some degree. They sound out in our comparisons with one another or some of our “because of” (insert generalization) statements. All serve as disguises to fear in some degree and on some level. Not all fear is the heart-racing or the “don’t hurt me” kind. Some are nested in anxiety over our unknown experiences and unanswered (or unasked) questions…we are all uncertain to the level we are truly created…and in that you get to choose to stick with what you have heard and seen or you can be willing to embrace the “scary yet beautiful” aspects of the unknowns around and throughout us all.)

Even as I am sharing this, I am asking myself the same question (refer to bolded text above). For example, my husband…is younger than me. So, of course, being that I am older, I have more experience? NO! His experience profile is unique to my own.  It doesn’t make it less than or better than my own.  He bears his own unique contribution into my life and others.

And that “weight” of age (and comparison) has been held to us many times…Have we allowed the age difference to get in the way of better judgment and experience? Have other "weights" gotten in the way? Absolutely! Spirituality, formal education, genetic expression (a.k.a. skin colour, sex, height, etc. ), cultural background, and family upbringing and experiences….as well as society “boxes” of description and “definition”) .  And when they do get in the way (in the way of what? Our love and our relationship)…life has schooled us to challenge them.

How do you challenge these “boxes” of "better than" or "less than"? Of weighted comparison? Of fear-based conditioning? You ask upstream questions that get to the core and heart of its hidden reason. Peeling the onion…finding the ultimate why (and this goes as deep as you want it to go. Some will stop asking based on level of challenge to their own beliefs and personal truths. And some.... do not chose to hold so strong or personally and ask from a place of wholeness and oneness with all …)

…how does this serve me? Is it building up those around me as well as myself? Is this beneficial? Is this sustainable and dynamic? Is this loving, kind, patient, etc.? Does this celebrate and expand my experience and growth? Does this cause me to run (physically, mentally...jumping on trains of thought...)? Do I feel “justified” in this moment? Am I fighting to be right? Am I being defensive? What am I defending to protect? Am I being of value in this moment? Am I questioning the value of others in this moment? Have I applied a less than or greater than comparison or justification or generalization?

What we have to offer is value. And that value in others only adds to our own. When we are willing to receive and celebrate the value one another has, we grow from that contribution.

Now, with that said, then you have the “mess” of what someone holds as valuable. And then the “or not” gets put in to the equation. And if using the “less than” glasses, then they could be missing out on receiving the true value in the situation, moment, relationship…YOU could be missing out on receiving that gift of value! It’s the “or not” that we are moving away from. It’s the unreceiving attitude that is keeping us from valuable gifts that is unraveling. It’s choosing instead to see how we can focus on building up and receiving as well as “unhindering” ourselves and our value. Through recognizing our burdens, and the ways in which we are hindered (held back) we can then question and explore…”What greater aspect am I being distracted from?” Usually it is love. Usually it is receiving the value of another that is intended to build us up and help us grow. Usually it is continuing in the experience and enjoyment and wonder within our lives that we are intended to receive day to day.

For now...let's question....and honour...

"Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." ~ Romans 12:10 NLT

No comments: