Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sawubona - When you child is a storyteller, you learn to like stories

 Good morning! Today I don't have face to face human time planned. I missed last night because I was extremely tired to a point where driving is not recommended (missed my nap). Yesterday morning though I listened to my son share a dream that he had...10 minutes in and I couldn't hold focus...it was terrible LOL...over half an hour later he finished. ..and that was WITHOUT the details.

But it was worth it. He was kinda encouraged that I listened that long, but my attention and same spot-holding-figiting-twitching was not so much on the encouraging side. But he was pre-warned, so it was okay. I mentioned to his brother that he had a dream, so he then mentioned to his brother that I had mentioned that he had a dream and that it was long and he sighed...so then I ....did a full recap in about 3 minutes of everything he said for his brother and his smile was ear to ear and he was glowing.
Even though it didn't look like I was paying attention, I was. It wasn't very interesting at times, but I hung in there. THIS is the extreme case of a mother with a son who was born a story teller. 😂😂😂
But we can take time to truly be present and listen to others around us and usually (most often actually) the stories are much shorter, but the same encouragement is achieved. Not only that, but sometimes people can gain another perspective on their situation just by being able to share it. Take time to be present with at least one face to face human today...even holding the door counts.

No comments: