Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, December 8, 2014

Could it really be...so simple?

We woke up on Sunday morning and prepped...to head to church, to give to our dear friends and family...food, clothing, encouragement...it was all ready to go.

When we got there and they were the first people we saw...we gave and they were grateful and encouraged...and so were we.  Yes, it was that simple...to consider one another in love...to give freely...to expect nothing in return...AND oddly enough, receive a heart full of wonder and gratitude overflowing regardless.  I have no intention of bragging about giving...and I really don't care if they are needy or poor or if they are just friends that we chose to think about and to share with.  They came to mind and we gave...AND I honestly believe, that my family thrives best when we: Travel, eat beautiful and healthy foods, pray, and give, give, and give. What was that movie called? ...Eat, Pray, Love...yeah! It's just like that (okay, maybe not quite, but yeah...)... and I love witnessing it.

And then there are times, when we plain out forget! As if we woke up one morning and left behind all that we loved and enjoyed the day before, barely remembering our own names. It sounds like and looks like a big ol' mess! We run around looking for .... I DON'T KnOW! What was I looking for again? LOL it's like a brain fog rolled in over the night and we can barely put one foot in front of the other...we return to habits that no longer serve us (UGH! The "default" habits...gotta train a new "default" button ;) ), we frustrate ourselves and start running around faster hoping that the quicken pace will charge up (LOL Like a spark!) our memories and magically give us that feeling we once had...where things felt so heart-full, and flow-full, and simple...

It's on those days of unnecessary, added complication where I am thankful for the practice of spending some one-on-one quiet time with myself and with God (good default...ahhhhh). I know that sometimes our routine will be overrun with the "do, do, do's" in life from the first step of the day and I may not be able to squeeze in what feels like a morning coffee date with my Love one, but remembering to find that time...and fill it with some serious gratitude and, DEEP and digging questions that free me up more and more from the burdens I pick up along the way (probably while I felt I was running to the middle of nowhere, hoping to grab the right "luggage" along the way...) and to really sit and enjoy the gift of encouragement, peace, clarity...

How can I then share this with others? Not just the quiet part, or the "date with God" part, but the digging down into the deep, DEEP questions to get to the heart of what is keeping them from experiencing "simple" more freely?

As I was going to sleep last night, someone "sat" on the edge of my bed and we began to talk...I expressed my heart-felt concerns...how is it, that when you tell people the answer to "why are you so...?", they don't believe you. That it could NOT be that simple...to just BE in the moment.

"Seek first..."...that's what resonates with me...and as I contemplated being in the company of Divine Love, a WEALTH of thoughts and answers came flooding in and ....I don't even know how to describe it other than AMAZING!  I just had to BE with it all...it just flowed through and filled me up beyond imagination...I felt so BIG! I just laid there in the full enjoyment of this blissful pillow talk...not jumping up to my feet and RUSHING to write down what I could. I just prayed that it would come back to me to share with others in perfect timing.

“If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met." Matthew 6:30-33 (MSG)

No comments: