Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Considering s of the one lost sheep

Considerings of the one lost sheep...

Luke 15:3-7 (NIV)

 3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Psalm 119:175-176
 175 Let me live that I may praise you,
    and may your laws sustain me.
176 I have strayed like a lost sheep.
    Seek your servant,
    for I have not forgotten your commands.

Where is my heart in this matter? Do I seek out the lost? Do we rejoice in our unity? Is it only the Shepherd who celebrates while the 99 stand around and chew grass?

As a disciple of Jesus (shepherd in training), am I not to go out and make disciples? (Matthew 28:18-20) How did Jesus go about teaching us how to live and be? By living it and being it...a child of the Almighty God and Father...the son and Christ....we are to live not just as a humble carpenter doing, saying, and being extraordinary things (the man named Jesus), but also to honour the calling of Christ itself. To consider walking among the Earth conscious of our Christ calling within...

And in that knowing and shepherding,  we are to seek those that wander ....in search of greener grass perhaps?...to follow a longing and not knowing where it is?
...and our desire, as shepherd (and sheep?), to keep the sheep within the fullness of Grace and protection of God...to keep ourselves as loved and protected sheep....to be unified and even perhaps to not encourage our other sheep to feel as though the don't belong?....am I to then watch for my fellow sheep? Yes....in the most Christ-like way within my being...

Yes, consider the lost sheep...and consider the shepherd who seeks that sheep...both are within us and of us.

Also, that 100 sheep seem as a representation of wholeness. ..and that we should seek to not only be whole, but also to celebrate our becoming more whole, and joyfully share our excitement with others...how can I encourage those around me to find their way?  Seek....find....walk with in joy...celebrate their return to wholeness, unity...oneness.

No comments: