Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, March 29, 2013

Remember to encourage one another daily

 Good morning!!

Yesterday the weirdest and best thing happened to me and the boys....we saw a woman step out of her comfort zone to say hi and my boys didn`t respond. I couldn't even nudge a reminder for them to acknowledge...they were not responding at all! She then shrunk back and held her head down with a hard swallow (I can not imagine what in life "stole"her voice in the first place, but .....and I was gutted. 2 reasons....my boys always respond with a "hello" and this was the first in a LONG while (since they were babies) where they didn't (it was twilight zone-ish...)....2nd reason was, if ALL that we have to do in life is to simply recognize those opportunities where we can bring a little light into the lives of those we encounter each day...help to build them up...help their journey to be a little smoother, than why not take the time and act on it... (Sawubona)
...and yes, part of that opportunity was recognizing and encouraging the lady and then sharing with my boys what I observed and presenting the challenge (encouraging) that the only job I "expect" from them in life (as long as it is called Today) is to look for those moments to encourage others or as my son calls it now "light the candles" of those we meet. By the end of the day we lost count of all the ways and all the people that we encouraged...and that was a full and great day indeed.
"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness." (Hebrews 3:13) Imbuing one another with courage...what greater work can set to each day but to lift one another up with love and encouragement...now, to get to work! 😉
Have an in-couraging, and uplifting day! ❤

No comments: