Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Renovating from the inside out

We are a month into living in a new house and well into the renovation process as well. With our stuff still mostly packed away and sharing the space with my sister-in-law and father-in-law, I am finding it difficult to get settled. After experiencing a bit of a bump with my hubby this week (renovations can bring out the best in us hehe) I have come to realize that defining what is "home" for me is very important and in that definition is the environment that my family will thrive in.

I cried out for "home" and the answer came in a song."......Oh Lord you know, I have no friend like you, if Heaven's not my home, then Lord what will I do....." My heart sang out to Heaven and to God to bring that feeling of home to my heart. Peace, love, unity....these bring the comfort of home to my mind and that is the environment I will seek to encourage here in the house we live in. My focus was renewed as my priority was set on nurturing my family with the love that God blesses me with day in and day out. I do get comforted when I am distressed or discouraged, and I am surrounded by encouragement always as I go throughout my day. My needs are taken care of and even when I am fearful, I look to God and proceed with faith as I know he has put me in the life I am living to bring glory to him. Even in the heart of opposition, I know that God will not only help me to survive, but to thrive. That all my dreams will come through as I share them and present them in prayer. I am growing as I persevere, I am strengthened through adversity, and I am encouraged as my prayers are answered.

As the work continues in the house to get it complete, the work in my character and heart goes on as well.


No comments: