Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow?

I cuddled under the blankets a lot longer this morning until my brain woke up and started its daily work of planning and so I decided to join in on the wake up flex with my body. I silently made my way out of the bedroom, walked into the kitchen and looked out the big window to see that there was a blanket of snow cover over everything. At first I slapped myself mentally for not having covered the garden as now the flowers and plants are likely to suffer a bit of damage, and then I felt a sinking feeling. At this time of year I really enjoy the separation of the season and this long weekend in May usually marks that line. Waking up to the green of the grass and the colours in the flowers in so encouraging and uplifting, especially to my gardening heart and this year I have really felt that experienced shortened. The trees have barely let open their buds to encourage their leaves to grow. Growth seems to be slowly and maturity stunted in the plant department, but I must say, the dragging on the snow can either crush the spirit or strengthen the character. And of course, I am going to choose for character building whenever possible.

Now, how to put a positive spin on a cold and snowy day in the middle of spring with a full schedule. First of all, our heat is turned off for the season, or at least until we finish the repairs and renovations that are currently underway. Bundling up the children will be the first priority. My friend was eager to come over with the three girls in her care today, but with the house currently at 12 degrees Celcius, that won't work too well. The option would be to get out and head to the mall, however I have a service call with a technician coming to the house today, so I need to be present. Today would best be served in the throws of hard labour, working up a sweat while doing some demolition :D. And the food? Something that offers warmth and "comfort"......CURRY CHICKEN!!

Taking a moment to reflect on how to make the most of a situation that you weren't aware of or to stay positive in the unexpected or unprepared days makes such a difference and really helps in keeping focused on the priorities and achieving your goals. My daily goal is to stay positive and productive and living my life out in the best way I can. If I can maintain and thrive in this it makes doing everything else much easier.

Now, to get down to work!



No comments: