Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Heaven on Earth - What does that mean for you?

I was asked about a month ago to think about what Heaven on Earth would be like for me and how I could enjoy more Heaven on Earth.

As I went over the question today and began to ponder, I received a knock at the door. I opened the door to see a lady and her friend who go around sharing their faith and the good news God called them to share and I welcomed them in. You see, as she has continued to come to my door on a more consistent basis, we have shared in a bible study each time. I challenge her and she shares with me and we both come away more encouraged and more convicted of what we hold to. Today the study turned to Heaven on Earth. And as we shared and studied and read through the scripture, I had these images in my head of what we were talking about and how that would look like.

God promises me that if I hold to his teachings, and obey his commands that I may share in eternity and that for me is my Heaven on Earth. (John 8:31- )

I am overwhelmed by how God is conversing with me, encouraging me, connecting me to his word, and urging me to continue on to the end sharing his good news of salvation and a life to the full through him. How AWEsome!


No comments: