Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I DO care!

This past week I made the most of the sales of the season and got new jeans and boots. I have been putting it off for some time....leaving it up to a sale or something else out of my control, like the weather (it was COLD!), to control whether or not I take action on something I want or need. So starting last week I decided it was time to go after what it is I need and want, regardless of circumstance. I booked doctor's appointments for me and my son, to keep up to date on my blood work for my thyroid and investigate breathing and penal health for my son, and set in my mind to finally go after obtaining my learner's permit for driving after a 13 year hiatus (talk about letting the circumstance run your life).

This week I reflected on the events of last week and one thing really stuck out. The phrase "I don't care" sets off alarms the same, if not worse, than someone using harsh, offensive language around me. To even type the phrase makes me uneasy. It is such a STRONG phrasing regardless of what language it is said in. It comes with a body expression that reads the same across the board......a look of disgust and a shrug of the body, the expression is one of hatred and apathy, and to me, can poison your mind and corrupt your spirit.

When I was younger I remember using the phrase "je m'en fiche" which translates from french to mean "I could care less", and I truly did not care. I had a disregard for the feelings of others and even the presence of others. Now that I have chosen to be a living advocate for love, the use of "I don't care" pierces to my core and makes me aware of the challenges that others face when they bring these words into fruition in their lives. In one of my close relationships, my friend and I continually struggle against the nature of this phrase in their lives and the effect it has on them and those around them. They give up in a situation, they leave in frustration and anger, they allow the situation to become harmful and leave scars on their hearts and in their character......it becomes an obstacle and hindrance just from three simple words. And from sharing in this experience with my friend I have learned the power of choosing words that nurture our spirit and encourage our thoughts to be fruitful, loving and positive, resulting in a life we are pleased with instead of being turned off at one corner or the next.

So when I speak, I will choose my words carefully (full of care) and not invite words or phrases into my thoughts and out of my mouth that bring unwanted actions, emotions, and results into my life. I DO care!


No comments: