Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Club FYM post of the day - Stay Down (Nov 20,2008)

What another beautiful morning! Filled with glass shattering screeches and I bathed my son after his splishity splashity 30 seconds of fame in an unflushed toilet (MWAHAHAHAHA...the joy of being a mom) and a dance-a-thon in the kitchen with my oldest son.

When I visit my page (on ClubFYM), I sometimes bust a move as the music plays. It's what I workout to and do my intervals to (chorus High, verse Low.....). I do my stretches and cool down to Keisha Cole, Mary, and Alicia and then get my inspiration (compare to the moment in the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" where they began their night with their song) and reminder of who I am from the song, "What I've Done" by Linkin Park.

But today I wanted to share in the lyrics from Mary J. Blige's "Stay Down". The chorus stuck out to me as being a call to persevere through struggles and being that we have all been through them, I thought I would share......

Chorus:

Stay down. (We're almost to the very best part)
Stay down. (You'll always be the pride in my heart)
Stay down. (We too can pass the test)
Stay down. (Yeah, we gotta lot of work)
Stay down. (I know it ain't been the best but it certainly ain't been the worst)
Stay down. (The drama will not last forever)
Stay down. (We'll beat it long as we're together)
One day we'll look back on this. (Yeah)
We'll be like "Remember this"? (Remember this)
And it's gonna make us smile. (Make us smile)
Cause in the end we stayed down..........

Bridge:
Understand you are the one on my heart.
(And I'm holding yours so we can't live apart)
When things stop making sense we'll figure it out.
(I walked into this and I don't wanna walk out no, no)
(Everything ain't gonna be how we like)
(And what is worth keeping if it didn't take a fight?)
(Your healing is in me and my healing is in you)
(So get your mind right cause this is what we're gonna do)

Stay committed, persevere , continue to take action, and together we can get through.


No comments: