Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Power of ponder

Good Mawning!!



Power of ponder


A friend posted a paraphrase …”Thinking is the hardest thing that people never do…” and oddly enough, it always makes me think when I hear or see this phrase.


Today, I decided to sink into the “why” from another perspective… How would “I” feel if I avoided thought and thinking and just buried myself in doing and distraction?


Well, first of all…from my current experience, I HATED not having an answer. This entire statement comes out of social “trauma” moments including a more “recent” attempt at “humiliating” me done by a “grown” man teaching a group (that was a full circle moment I will share about another time).


So I can only imagine, if someone was asked to think about something and not have a quick response or “knowing” about it like how our society often expects, then I can understand why people “opt out” of “thinking” in depth at all….it’s not safe. Expression and perspective gets cut off or shamed … I’d leave that whole “mess” alone too.


So what can “WE” do to change this?


How can “WE” foster more thought and personal perspective being expressed in the lives of those around us?


  1. Establish a safe space for being IN the process of thoughts and thinking. Also keeping in mind, a lot of the thoughts that people are “alone” with might not be friendly, nurturing, encouraging, OR kind. What is the tone and language that many of these “thoughts” present as for people?


What I have learned from my own journey of transforming the critical language in my head into a team player is… there is a process through which thoughts and thinking should be guided through, much like harnessing electricity toward powering a lightbulb. 


  1. Start with exposure to safe and kind thinking and thoughts through reading and listening, and then when a safe example exists, a new filter can be applied to sort through the bubbles of thought that float by…and compassion can be applied to the rest.

  2. Knowing that your UNIQUE perspective of and to the world is NEEDED and valued, and worthy of being heard. You ARE a necessary piece to this puzzle and big picture we are all a part of. You hold an answer and solution within and through YOU that someone out there is seeking for THEIR problem. 

  3. And just by you BEING you and ALLOWING yourself to “think” through your unique lens of perspective, makes it possible for that solution to be expressed and shared as a contribution into this world.

  4. And last but not least…know that you have PERMISSION to share your viewpoint, words, and thoughts out into the world. Yes, there are some “expressions” out there that are loud, suppressive, and intended for harm. They may have missed the steps listed above. And that is THEIR choice to be the “voice” to those things. Your voice however is NOT the same and still deserves to be heard and added to the symphony of life we are living. You are safe, you are supported, you intend for good. … now go and share and connect. We’re ready to see and hear you.  #ThankYouGod #biggerpicture #thinking #agency #safespace #knowthyself #compassion #Kindness #Sawubona #beingyou #unique #contribution #ofgreatvalue #greaterstill #growthmindset #yesyoucan #mentalwellness #expression

No comments: