Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Word, I am Word.

Good mawning!! 

Photo Credit: Darlene Hildebrandt

Word, I am Word.

When I first heard this phrase, it gripped and inspired me. I am grateful to its sharing in my life.

I am "more than"… However, if there is anything I allow myself to be is … refined by the Word.


And specifically, “I” read and take in the word, I contemplate and meditate on it, and then I decide how it will resonate in my life.


This past year, I really deepened my “relationship” with my OWN word. Not the word (and implied expectation) of the words of others. THIS was the biggest thing that I witnessed of myself.

Even though I felt I was in the habit or conditioning of “trying to” align to the expectation “others” held of me. I figured they could see something in me I wasn't seeing or allowing myself to see.


Really! I didn’t just ‘try’, I went out and did the “thing”. And what I noticed was the soft nudging from within my very being…that was reminding me that this is NOT what I said I was going to do OR that it was NOT a compromise that we found to be a good idea. 

Because… I had already said what it was that I wanted to do.


And I set that “thing” I SAID I would do at the very core of my being, alignment, and values. And from THAT space, the rest of what I would choose to do would need to align with what I had set in place (and of which, was a very aligned, fruitful, and good thing to choose for myself).


Let me tell you how those “misalignments” helped to strengthen my personal value.


1. I saw that I put my WHOLE heart and willingness into what it was I was showing up for. 


And when you show up with ALL THAT level of energy in a space where people are applying themselves with “good enough” and “undervalued” service, it stands out.


I personally could see the wealth of their strengths and how amazing their potential and existing skills were and so I was in there ready to glean and learn from them.


But many of them were comparative and robbing themselves of the wealth of gratitude and energy they could easily tap into. It reminded me of a scene from Kung Fu Panda 2 when Po was in the jail 'trying' to free the prisoners they came for. They had given up, and it gripped Po to see it.


2. I stayed eager to learn from where I saw natural ability and strengths being applied. 


I did ask a lot of questions. And I did a lot of encouraging and shared my gratitude, and after those moments were done, it was like a foreign world to me. As those I was speaking a different language or an alien visitor LOL. 


It made me value the circle of influence I had in those around me over the last few years. Coaches, mentors, trainers, experienced neighbours, and those travelling in their growth journey. It’s a bubble of goodness, that’s for sure LOL. 


Being in the company of like-minded and like-”hearted” people is essential to our personal growth and well-being. It's a space where each one is building each other up. I really value this aspect of my life even more now than ever.


3. My quiet time and journaling became even MORE non-negotiable. I went from a dedicated 1 time slot of my day to doing whatever it took to get me into that state from which I enjoy starting my day with or doing anything from.


It’s true. Sometimes, you just don’t have the “time” for that kind of dedication. But it’s not about “time”, it’s about the “space” you make.


When you set things as a priority in your life and VALUE your own integrity to yourself…that is making the SPACE for it. Periodt. Your mind won’t even rest until you meet that need for yourself. And it can QUICKLY become effortless for you. Like sprinkling glitter EVERYWHERE! You start seeing ways it fits in and what things “on your list” can take a back seat until you get your “integrity list” in check first.


I was INFUSED with a wealth of energy mentally to commit to the tasks that would follow. And because of that mental charge, those tasks got done a whole lot more efficiently.


And now, for 2023, I want to put more intention to my integrity.

Yes, for some, I am already far along with that. AND, for the growth my life is calling me into, it calls for even more. To apply at a next level based on what I have set as a foundation and what is set before me in my future.


Disciplined imagination with more is awaiting me.


What does YOUR 2023 words look like? What have you said, in your heart and at your core, that you know you want to experience in the life you live in this year ahead?

Write it down. Share in the comments. Lets help ourselves to enjoy the best year yet.


#ThankYouGod #integrity #corevalues #alignment #gratitude #appreciation #value #buildingup #oneanotherlove #Seeyourself #knowthyself #keepyourword #ReadTheWord #growthmindset #CircleOfInfluence #keepongrowing


No comments: