Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

The power of the light in dark places.

 Good mawnin!!!



As I was cooking breakfast this morning, a memory came to me.


Well actually, as something landed on the burner and started to burn WHILE I was cooking breakfast, the smell of the burning food reminded me of my mom’s parents. 


In that moment, I really missed their presence and felt my deep love for what and HOW they taught me.


They brought me along with them to participate in doing as many of the chores as possible. Some chores they chose to do on their own out of concern for my safety.


But of course, the memories I was brought to were those involving fire. Me and my Papa getting the fire built and ready for him or my Mama to cook and then my absolute favourite (seriously), was going with my Mama to clean the toilet.


All these “stations” were in little buildings to themselves. So yes, the toilet was an outhouse. And it was one of the cleanest I have seen. Made out of wood and built over one of the deepest outhouse holes I have ever used. You couldn’t see the bottom! At least until…


First we would sweep out the outhouse. And the floor was dirt. She would then gather up the debris and toss it into the toilet. Then she would take the newspaper she brought with her and clean off around the seat. And before she was done, some lighter fluid would get squirted around in the hole and she would light the newspaper on fire and… DROP IT IN THE HOLE LOL.


WOOOSH!!

HAHAHA! Maybe I was a bit of a pyro, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED that blaze! AND what else I loved about it was… that is when I could see the bottom of the hole AND ALL THE BUGS that were lit on fire LOL.


DANG!!!! Maybe I enjoyed it too much, but it always put a smile on my face and on hers, seeing mine I guess.


The power of fire! The power of the light in dark places. You never know what is trying to hide in the darkness  until you bring it to light… or to being lit up, as it were.


Currently, the boys and I are on week 3… 3!! Of our study in Genesis. We haven’t past Genesis 8 and that was a sidebar LOL. We are still digging through Genesis 1 to 3. And allowing ourselves to see into our own shadowy spots. Embracing our own light and fleshiness…considering incarnation and the processes into physical. And we’re still there. Reading it, living it, sharing it.


Today I lit a fire within and what came out was an outpouring of gratitude. Overflowing and gushing out with tears and the messy cry look. My body is still buzzing.


Where are you at this morning?


I hope this sparks some reflection for you. Or at least you got to enjoy the story. 


Share with me your thoughts.


Now for breakfast ;)


#thankyouGod #deepdive #biggerpicture #gratitude #Divinegifts #grandparents #poweroflight #Fire #memories #childhood #learning #lifetothefull


No comments: