Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Sometimes it’s not easy looking back on the year you have had.

 Good morning!


Sometimes it’s not easy looking back on the year you have had.

This was me. Getting ready for my day and a skating date with one of my dearest friends.

….and to be honest, part of the hard part right now is that I am currently in healing mode from a serious injury I had this past year. And part of me wishes I was physically in the same space as this pic LOL.




However, this was me FULLY rested and forward focused on BEING me on the other side of a dark journey in my life where reclaiming MY joy and life was the only thing I was working with.

This was me after a good week of recalibrating after another significant loss… a job I was really looking forward to just “being” in for a bit.

I was a lump on the sofa. I didn’t know what to do and where to go or what to focus on.

The “negative” language came at me and I felt like I was in a fight against it for my life!

What did I do wrong?
Are you sure you didn’t say something that caused this?
Did you sabotage this?
Can’t you do anything right?
You can’t even hold down a job!

I had to interrupt like a warrior.

And I needed to turn to something that would truly help me.

Not drugs or med. Not prayer alone. I didn’t want to talk anymore.


So I slept.

I allowed myself to take naps. I allowed myself to curl up in my warm blankets and sleep. I allowed myself to have 5 cycles in a row (#iykyk). I allowed myself to have fuller cognitive repair and restoration. I allowed myself to detox my brain properly.

And on the other side of it…

I enjoyed being pain free and more physically recovered. Actually my healing from a previous injury finally kicked in. I was in the “body” that I wanted to be in. And in truth, sleep helped to get me there…BIG TIME! I could have chosen emotional eating, and instead, I chose sleep as my “comfort”.

I used the tools I learned in my training and I applied it and enjoyed the results.

It was so simple once I allowed what seems to be a “default” activity to be better optimized and enjoyed.

I don’t know where you are in your 2023 goals right now.

May you jumped on the train for the ride and lasted 2 weeks.

Maybe you are still beating yourself up about not starting…yet… AGAIN!

Maybe you haven’t bothered to start because you haven’t given it much thought.

Maybe you don’t care to have any goals.

What I do know is, even though where I “want” to be seems “behind” me now, I know that is not true.

I GET to CHOOSE where it is I AM each and every day.

I am choosing to use my “last” to prepare for my “next”.

Harvesting the good and using it to support my future.



Today, I am going to check the weather and consider skating this week.

And… I am going to allow myself to enjoy my sleep and its benefits too.

If you are interested in finding out more, message me. I am here.

#thankyouGod #qualitysleep #IChoose #better #bettersleep #gratitude #reflection #journalling #setintentions #goalsetting #growthmindset #increasingmeasure #Kaizen #personaldevelopment

No comments: