Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, October 29, 2018

Stay in your lane. Focus your attention for better results

 Good morning!

Talking to my son about driving....since this is a common trend that evolves when you have teens 🙂
Me: "You will steer where your focus is."
Currently....I feel that I am driving in too many lanes....not that there are not people managing to do what I feel to be struggling with, and do it well, but many of the lanes are not in my "passion" set. They are not things I care to be doing or what is referred to as ELF (Easy-Lucrative-Fun) .... I don't feel energized, but rather drained from them, whatever those "tasks" are, and personally they take a whole lot more time and effort for me to perform than I would like.....OR....it could be that a smoother, more effortless drive requires the driver to have a more narrowed focus field. Especially focused in on the direction that you wish to be heading in. And oddly enough, that direction will also be lined up with tasks and interests that resonate the strongest with you and don't feel as forced as other tasks.
So are you driving focused? Is your path and direction clearly set? Are you staying the course and trusting that you are on the path to where it is you are wanting to go? OR....have you not fully decided where it is that you want to be and with that, are many things catching your attention along the way.
That is one "currency" that is often forgotten....YOUR attention. It is a "driver" in ways we forget to give value to. Better yet, how much out there is actually letting you know that your "attention" is a valuable, and highly sought after commodity? EVERYTHING!! So for today, I will be choosy about how I am "spending" my currency of attention and stick to tasks that keep me focused into the lane I want to be driving in.

No comments: