Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Why I get up so early in the morning

 Good morning! I get asked a LOT why I get up so early in the morning...

Simple answer...I'm rested and my mind starts going.
SO no matter what time that is at, I "get" up. But actually the process is a little more complicated than that. I interrupt the chatter and busyness that starts to ramp up in my mind....moreso focused on tasks, etc. as opposed to the negative chatter of the past. Mainly, because I want to take that moment to first connect in gratitude and prayer and then decide the direction of how my day will begin.
I shift into excitement...not the bunny on batteries kind that I used to get in the past, but like the beginning of a percolating pot of coffee kind...I am excited to interact...with my family, with others, with the books I read, the garden I water...just excited to receive.
This is why I like to wake up in the morning...it is my most authentic time to BE me...as the rest of the day filters in, it can be a bit different ...with tasks, etc.,but the morning for me is a gift ❤

No comments: