Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, June 14, 2015

My dad is my biggest fan...and I am his

 Good morning! I have been thinking a lot ...about this Father's Day thing....abound sharing with my boys all the "unseen" moments that just me and my dad shared. Making "special" breakfasts and lunch together before anyone else woke up...when he used to help me with my homework (teaching himself what I was learning and then help me to figure it out)...about dad wandering through fabric and paint stores as he would test me on colours and textures...when we would drop in to one of the hotels or restaurants he decorated and visit with the kitchen staff (some I still know today) and have lunch and treats...visiting with his employers as friends...taking me with him on the job and we would talk and share for hours...teaching me to ride a bike and how to patch up my scrapes...how to sew and how to make bed like how he learned while working on a cruise ship...how to love what you do and celebrate the art of mastery of your own talents...my dad made his way through much challenges in his life and still does, but with what he has, he knows as long as he is breathing, he still has time to change for the better. My dad is my biggest fan...and I am his

❤ And authentically too...we have a friendship and respect which is only surpassed by my intimate relationship with God.
I know I do what I do with love because, in spite of those that chose to be harsh and mean with my dad, he gave them his unconditional love and his honesty (and sometimes he would plain old cuss them out... 😛 )...and when I apply this in my life, people feel loved and encouraged, so I know it's truth. AND I know that I CAN do great things, because we adventured together as he proved that he could...dream and see it become... thanks God for such a great dad ❤

No comments: