Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Have you slowed your roll? Or are you just rolling...?

This morning I posted on FB... "Good morning!  Sometimes we are so used to things being at a begrudged level (and having accepted it as such), that when it up and changes on you unexpectedly, you realize that your pace had slowed down and that you were almost crawling... (I love not being attached to a time frame...full of surprise that come sooner than expected)...
It is good to change up routine...expectations...standards...level of learning...environment (take a trip)...perspective ...activity....PACE!!...area of service (talk with and serve others)...life experiences...
Spice of life baby!! Enjoy it! It's here all around you, you just have to taste it!
‪#‎thankyouGod‬ ‪#‎Lovefirst‬ ‪#‎thankyouJesus‬ ‪#‎greatexamples‬ ‪#‎getUP‬ "


But I will expand more here...

...I have been trying to encourage my hubby in the morning. He is NOT what you would call a morning person by definition...he prefers to stay in bed and cuddle...with his blanket...and eyelids shut for an extra few hours :P 

I, on the other hand, used to spring out of bed like the Energizer Bunny, hopping to the chores, and to my workout, and hopping straight to preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner, and to my quiet time and hippity hop, hop, hop, HOP!!!  WOOHOO!! I LOVED the mornings!! My greatest joy was being up everyday to see the sunrise.  That was my job!! And to make sure nothing else was in the way of me enjoying the first peak of light into a new day... YEAH!!!!  I got SO MUCH done in that few hours of the morning than I did all day long...it was amazing...it was awesome...and now, it feels like it's gone LOL.


I laugh and mourn at the same time...where did my "bunnyness" all go?  Where is that BURST? That zest!? And this morning when the alarm went off at 4:30AM (hubby set it earlier than usual) I was like..."huh??" And when he threw off the covers and pulled on his house coat, I was like..."huh???" And when he went out and started grabbing food to make his lunch and breakfast, I was like..."huh???" And then I smiled....he made a decision!

So, right now I am asking myself... "WHY did that slow to roll out, get up, and get going in the morning become the "norm"?" And when did waking up and hour before he has to head out to work come to an end? And AMEN...the answer comes...Last year this time...when he decided he didn't want to get up anymore and do his morning time anymore...and for me,... I decided one day that I would stay in bed when his alarm went off. ( I usually am out and up before the alarm...I don't like alarms) And he cuddled with me and said he really liked it when I was there when he woke up....so I stayed...and before you know it, many months later, the batteries seem to have been removed and I too, was waking with the alarm (which I have never done...).

So now what?  Well, I remembered!! I remembered a time when we would get his breakfast and lunch ready while the dishes and laundry were going and he would sit down and read...read the bible while having his breakfast....sometimes take notes, but it was his moment before heading out into the day.  He calculated an hour beforehand to have time to pace himself out the door. And for me? I had already started waking up earlier and getting some bounce back, but after trying to keep up this morning and having more time to get stuff done, I felt good! And seeing him reclaim his energy felt good...and having to quicken my pace this morning felt good...and me deciding to work out this morning felt good...and after my work out I felt good....see a theme here...it felt good to feel good and see others feel good about feeling good in their daily activities...daily decisions...feeling good comes with a quicker pace...and maybe even a bounce and hop or two...

What I am discovering (this is live news folks) is that the Energizer Bunny that I was, was a woman who felt really good about the woman that she was! And the funny thing is, the "facts" that people asked about in her life (money, job, things she didn't have that others validated with success) did NOT match with how happy and awesome she felt. And now, those validating things are present in my life...the "facts" make a good story, but I can honestly say, I have not felt AS good as I could be feeling.

But!!....I AM excited to move forward with more bounce and quickened step...AND I know what i will do and what I want to do...and that is to stay true to what makes me happy (time with God, sharing my thoughts, being energetic, feeling strong through exercise and movement, keeping on top of things around the house, etc..) and feeling good!

No comments: