Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sawubona. To see and bee seen by one another... in love

 Yesterday while I sat with a friend by the library a man walked up to me...he wasn't completely lucid, but clear enough to connect and share his grief...sharing that he went through a divorce and his wife took everything...that he sleeps in a parkade now...

As much as he had this story to share (do not get attached to the details), the part that stood out the most as he held my hands is that he said he had nothing to give. So I asked if he would smile for me...I had little to share myself, but encouragement and connection I have a wealth of....and his smile was radiantly beautiful....I will never forget the gift of his smile.
How do you offer your wealth for the encouragement of others (and ultimately yourself) ? Your "wealth" is nothing but a burden if not shared for benefit beyond yourself...
Consider and connect....
Sawubona ❤

No comments: