Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, April 12, 2013

The power of contentment

 Had a thought in regards to the power of contentment (..."I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances...." Phil 4:11)

Consider this saying ...“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”~
James Dean....
If you were going to die today, would you CHOOSE to be content with all that is in your life right now? And if not, would it be worth it to you to consider adjusting a few things so you could breathe that sigh of contentment on your last day?
At first thought, my mind raced around checking every nook and cranny to see if there was anything I left in discontentment, unsaid, held back...I let it run, and I watched and smiled...and when the hurried pace settled, I breathed, kissed my family and friends in my mind's eye with love, and was glad to be....
....now to set about my day with continued contentment, playing with beautiful imagination, loving connection, and subtle adjustments of improvement along the way...from where I am, I am doing my best and rest in the idea that if there is more for me to do, it will be presented at just the right time...
In loving contentment,
Me

No comments: