Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, October 18, 2010

Who is the woman of God I want to be?

Last week I got together with my friends and we shared in an activity that was called "Who is the woman of God you want to be?" We all brainstormed about the attributes and characteristics that we wanted to have as woman of God. I then shared about some of the women I looked up in the Bible and what attributes and characteristics they were known for. Ruth: loyal, hard-working, resourceful, devoted and loving. Rebecca: brave, impressed all who met her, confident, offered her help and service to others and sought out God for counsel. Other characteristics included courage, good sense, contentment, dedicated to good works, model to the community. We then drew ourselves and added the attributes we each listed.

As I shared about these women of the bible, the Proverbs 31 woman came up and the different views of what she represents came out. Is she real? Was she just the "Noble woman" that the men of the bible dreamed about? I can see how this woman, with her many talents, skills, and activities, drums up a bit of question, if it is possible to live up to this standard. I then shared that her life can be paralleled to our own. Some were good with money and the household finances, some were good with investments....we all make sure that our kids have good clothes to wear and cover them in their beds at night to stay warm. We share our lives and faith with our family and with others. We have provided for these needs in our families and we are also women of God.

It is good to take a moment to appreciate what it is that we bring to the table and know that we are successful in each day as we manage our households, encourage our families, live out our talents to their best, and walk faithfully in our relationship with God.


No comments: