Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, October 11, 2010

To my parents: Thank you!



As we celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend, I am reminded to share my gratitude for all that is in my life. As I was reflecting on a current challenge that I am facing, I realized how much I am grateful to my parents for the examples they have shared through the lives they live.

To my mom,
Thank you for your desire to continue to learn and improve on your knowledge. You have consistently, throughout my time of watching you, been into your books and studies to advance in your career. I now desire to each day, not just to study for a career, but in all areas of my life that I desire to do more or better in. I thank you for instilling in me the desire to nourish my body with foods that promote longevity and good health. As I feed my children and look to meet their nutritional needs, I see how you gave us what was not conventional to provide for us a longer and healthier life. Thank you for walking as a confident, youthful, strong woman who is proud to be in the skin she is in. It has helped me to reach the point where I feel I can do the same and it encourages me, when I was younger and today, to appreciate the uniqueness of how I was made.

To my dad,
Thank you for your continuous love and support. You have always been there to encourage me, even when you yourself were not at your best. Your BEAUTIFUL example of unconditional love towards your family and to me has resonated with such HUGE waves in my life, I don't have words I can describe. You have celebrated my accomplishments and talents and helped and trained me to love the details. You helped me to keep my eyes open to seeing what is beautiful in the world and the people around me. Your example of humility to God's word has touched my very soul and your acknowledgment of God and his authority in your life helped me to look outside myself and realize I am a part of a bigger picture.

Also, I would like to thank you both for your example of perseverance through trials. You both have shared the challenges that you have gone through and I would like to say that you have come through those trials and have encouraged the same perseverance in my life as well. I know there is hope, and beautiful opportunities that lie on the other side of challenge, trials and struggles. You both give generously with what you have, and when you see a need, you have a desire to take care of it, especially for your family. You both have encouraged the desire to forgive others and let go and allow love to fill my home and the hearts of those around me. Whatever I may have been through with anyone in the past is not worth holding on to if it compromises my ability to love them more, especially those near and dear to me. My desire is to encourage and to love in spite of... Thanks for helping me to be who I am today.

With love,
Your daughter,

No comments: